Recently, I have requested to transfer from my current CCA, Gymnastics, to Library Club. After much persuasion, the transfer was accepted and I reported at the library today. After receiving some warm welcome, I was briefed on what to do by some friendly seniors and was taught how to do library work such as arranging books.
However, these are just ROUTINE work as a librarian, every Friday there is a conference held where the teachers-in-charge and librarians make presentations on their plans. Such plans could be hosting an projects' exhibition or a Rubik's cube competition, which each event is assigned to a specific group of 4-5 members.
Arranging the books could be tedious to a beginner like me, hope I'll get a hang of it soon. Most importantly, being a librarian is the ability to give and contribute to the school, while building skills like leadership and teamwork. I think this CCA suits me because it is a WIN-WIN situation where you could make contributions to the school and students and also learn some values in the process.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment